Spires by Gothic Peak

nolanr

Why don't those things see more traffic? I think they are referred to as 1st and 2nd Castle. I climbed them a couple years ago, then a few weeks ago I went up 1st Castle again. Only 1 person had signed the register in the more than 2 years between my trips. I wouldn't call them classics, but if you're in the area they are more sporting than Gothic by far, and they are right there, seem like they would get more action.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tru nuf.

Next time head over to Sheep Gap and you'll see even less "traffic."

Then go beyond Sheep Gap to Ram's Horn or the Crested Buttes and there will be so little "traffic" it'll be like you're on Mars. Well, maybe not. I know Stefan has done one or more of the Crested Buttes but I don't think he's done Sheep Gap.

Why don't those things see more traffic? I think they are referred to as 1st and 2nd Castle. I climbed them a couple years ago, then a few weeks ago I went up 1st Castle again. Only 1 person had signed the register in the more than 2 years between my trips. I wouldn't call them classics, but if you're in the area they are more sporting than Gothic by far, and they are right there, seem like they would get more action.

Maybe becuase they have not been written in a guidebook like the Wilman's Spires.

I have been up both Crested Buttes. North Crested was sporty when I did it in May of one year. I would have liked to have seen the original register but it was under 10 feet of snow.....