Where to bring small kids to climb (exit 32 or 38)

Dr_Crash

OK, I want to get my kids outside while it's still decent weather. They're 5 and 7 and have been climbing at Vertical World every week this year. I brought them to Marymoor rock, but all we can do there is boulder since I don't have another adult with me to set a toprope, and I can't lead yet anyway smile.gif So I am looking for something where I could get my kids to have fun toproping (up to 5.6 or 5.7 I think), and where I can walk to the top, set the rope, and then go down and belay them. The pitch should be kids-friendly as in enough holds within the reach of their little span.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

drC

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt. Eerie is great for what you are describing.

The views are great, and the "practice wall" has several climbs about 70 feet high, 5.4 to 5-8 or so. It is just a five minute scramble down from the parking area, with an approach trail that will make a nervous mother uncomfortable but you can spot the little ones accross the one truly sketchy part, and then the staging area is easy to manage.