• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marylou,

Try here...

http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/?application=firefox

These are all the extensions for FF that people have submitted. Check out the comments though before installing - some listed don't work too well and break some things in FF.

Looking through them, I don't see one listed to do what you want though. But I agree - FF is just as good as IE, if not better in some areas.

-Kurt

cracked - got an example for me?

Sure do. Here's a trip report that I wrote using a modified JavaScript script that I found online. Notice that Opera ignores the "resize=no" command and that somehow Opera thinks images are larger than they are in IE. So the effect is that when using the "open.window" command in JS, the window ends up being a different size from the image, so you can't see all of the pic. But in IE, the window is the same size of the pic, like I specified in the script, and IE doesn't ignore the resize command.

I'll use Opera most of the time, but I'll be resorting to IE for pop-ups like this. bigdrink.gif

Hmm, weird. Works just fine for me.

Maybe you need to Upgrade your Opera to the latest version? I am running 7.53

I am no Javascript guru at all, but validating your page shows up a couple of errors that reference JavaScript - maybe fixing those would help. :shrug:

Opera does like pages to be well written, whereas IE and FF allow sloppier coding. A strength or a weakness, depending on your POV.

Nice TR, BTW. thumbs_up.gif

Check out www.coffeegeek.com, and note how his pop up pic windows allow you to click anywhere to close them... slick!

Edited by snoboy