Obesity: can't help it, just made that way...

ashw_justin

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. My next door neighbor, a banker type, drives a big luxury SUV. He drives a mile to the Park and Ride, then takes the bus into Seattle from Issaquah. I was teasing him about needing an SUV and he said he writes it off as a business expense because it is a 'truck'.

Think about it, why can a banker write off a luxury SUV as a business expense? When I worked as a carpenter and acutally used my truck to haul lumber and tools, I could not write it off because it was not heavy enough. Go figure.

LOL...wow, that's funny. That tax break is one of the biggest loads of outdated shit. There was an article on MSN cars a while back advising people to look for a 6k+ vehicle to get the tax break.

Either these things need to be classified back to a new category, such as "obseeively vain and unreasoable cars" so they have to meet the same standards, or they should be regulated like the trucks they currently are. Which would mean banning them from residential streets.

dps, is your neighbor self-employed? If not, I believe he is in violation of the tax code. confused.gif

Interesting. My next door neighbor, a banker type, drives a big luxury SUV. He drives a mile to the Park and Ride, then takes the bus into Seattle from Issaquah. I was teasing him about needing an SUV and he said he writes it off as a business expense because it is a 'truck'.

I'm all for the tax break. As long as their subject to the other laws regarding commercial vehicles

http://slate.msn.com/id/2104755/