Split Board Question

olyclimber

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A split was the best purchase I made in the past year thumbs_up.gif Boarding in untracked pow rockband.gif

I use a Voile 173 and I think its great, but I've never owned another snowboard, so I'm not too picky about performance - since I don't know what good performance is.

But I like the simplicity of the design - it seems reliable. And with the mtn plate bindings and light boots, it doesn't weigh much more than my tele setup.

Also, the Voile is the cheapest, and they come with skins.

Voile is all function no glamour. If you want to impress peeps and spend another few hundred bucks then go for the Burton. There are also other board manufacturers who sell splitboards set up with the Voile hardware, such as Never Summer and Prior.

I have the Voile and had never skied before, and I really appreciate being able to skin up instead of bootpacking. BC skiers might actually let you go on some trips with them too. thumbs_up.gif If you get a splitboard, consider getting the plastic boot/plate binding setup as opposed to soft boots/straps.