Best Bouldering in Washington State?

drater

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blowboarder:

I really don't think you have to worry about getting your "ass kicked" or being "lynched by angry locals" in the Okanogan (USA side). Speaking as one with a bit of time on this side of the Cascades, it's so damn lonely over here these days, most of us (me) would enjoy even your company.

We just haven't been too keen to spout off about these areas. As anyone who has had to spend time waiting in a cluster fuck on a "Valley" route (or a Smith Rock route for that matter) would, I believe, agree, there's not much to gain from pushing these areas into the 21 century.

Love your passion for bouldering, dude!

Sarg.

Sarg, mucho gracias senor. Good to hear a voice from the stronghold. Wondering if anyone from the OK knew how to work a modem. Considering all the cousin-marrying going on up there and all.

Wasn't seriously worried about getting my ass kicked up there (since you haven't been able to do it since I was 12), just wanted you guys to know I wasn't gonna tell all the secrets. Definetely not interested in giving anyone a roadmap, just hoping to incite some interest in bouldering in general. I asked the question, so I had to give my opinion. Doesn't seem like a real strong bouldering presense here, got some good info though.

The allure of those fat, shiny bolts is too strong.

As for your waiting in line reference, what would it matter since you fukkers are the ultimate snake-artists, cutting to the front of the queue with true style.

Still, would love to get together and do some climbing, you should come over here & we could do something on Chimney Rock & I could show you the "grotto". I think you might like it.

cantfocus.gif

...have you checked out those basalt boulders north of Mead, can't remember name of town (gas station/restaurant?) right there. I don't know if they are any good (basalt is so hit and miss) but they are numerous...

Pindude, I think it might be Elk. You can see them from Hwy 2. Know what you mean about choosy Spokane basalt, generally pretty dubious.

If you haven't checked out the Manresa Grotto, you should. If you like bouldering, you will like this place. As long as you don't mind Hobo spiders. They sure like those pockets.

Raid is killer shit, extra powerful when combined with a lighter. Seriously though, it's really good and could use some serious development. More time than I have. FA to be had everywhere.

Cheers

Sorry, don't know about these, even though my home is in Mead. The towns straight north of Mead along Hwy 2 these boulders could be near are, in order: Colbert, Chattaroy, Riverside, and Elk. Even though I climb basalt, and I've done my share of riding and trundling choss--Deep Creek, and the pillow-type basalt around Spokane--scares me and I tend to avoid it when I can.

Nice list, BB. thumbs_up.gif

Blowboarder:

I'd love to climb Chimney Rock, have wanted to for years! Hard to make the trip though, 'cause my wife caught me sleeping with my cousin and took my truck and left me. I'm saving up my food stamps, and that along with my disability check, well I just might have enough money for a bus ticket to Spokane by the end of July or first part of August (which ever comes first). Untill then I'll console myself with the "Best Bouldering in Washington State."

By the way, what's a modem??

Blowboarder:

I'd love to climb Chimney Rock, have wanted to for years! Hard to make the trip though, 'cause my wife caught me sleeping with my cousin and took my truck and left me. I'm saving up my food stamps, and that along with my disability check, well I just might have enough money for a bus ticket to Spokane by the end of July or first part of August (which ever comes first). Untill then I'll console myself with the "Best Bouldering in Washington State."

By the way, what's a modem??

Sarg, right on bro! Your cousin is so hot! I slept with her too. And her brother, but that's a different story. Sorry to hear about truck, maybe you could hitchhike. Just remember: ASS, CASH or GRASS, NO ONE RIDES FOR FREE!

Yeah, some consolation prize there, save some new problems for someone else, you bogart! As for the modem, I think it's a piece of gear, kinda like a cam-hook but maybe more useful as a bashie. I don't really know either, just heard someone talking about one & wanted to sound cool. Did it work?

Hey check out the "Washington Gaper" thread on this forum, I posted one that might describe someone or someones you know. (Hint: It's not your cousin. Did I mention she's hot?)

cantfocus.gif