Washington Pass + Other Mtn Conditions?

layton

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously though, a few weeks ago (the ski in weekend) at the pass all the east and south stuff was mostly dry. Ledges on the sw rib of sews had snow on them (but the route stayed dry), the s arete downclimb was mostly snow free, the easy sw routes (becky, overexposure, rapple grapple) on liberty bell were dry. The north side of concord was all wet though, and the NW corner of news had a patch of snow that's in the alcove above the offwidth that was melting down the route, but the w face route looked ok.

Thadsboner and Skyclimb were there last weekend and I think joshK was going to do the n face of burgandy this weekend. Maybe they'll know more.

Thadsboner and Skyclimb were there last weekend and I think joshK was going to do the n face of burgandy this weekend. Maybe they'll know more.

Yeah, ended up bailing due to the weather. The system was acutally making things *worse* on the east side of the crest from what I can tell and I didn't feel like climbing rock in snow and rain. Sometimes you're better off just staying home and getting require things done, as much as it sucks :P

Yeah, ended up bailing due to the weather. The system was acutally making things *worse* on the east side of the crest from what I can tell

The last week has been really volatile over here--lots of thunder, lightning, cumulonimbuswildfirefighterovertimus clouds, high winds, intense rain, sizable hail, snow not too far up the hills, etc.

Several of those days the westside radio stations have said it's nice and calm and sunny over in seattle.

About 6 inches of mushy, new snow on Stuart yesterday afternoon at 9000'. We car2car'ed over Long's Pass as a character building exercise. The snow in the Cascadian was mushy slop under new snow. Kicked off some big point sluffs. N facing aspects (e.g. below Long's Pass) were much better.