Sawtooth climbing

Alasdair

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HMMMMMMMM. I would have thought that someone else would have responded by now. I haven't been to the Sawtooths for years. But it is my understanding the the basic logistics are the same. Go to Redfish lake and pay the man to take you to the other end of the lake. We walked back but you can have the boat meet you at a specified time. From the top of the lake it is not far to elephant's perch and lots of other climbing. As I remember, there are guide books available at a shop near Stanely. Local climbers are a little reluctant to share info. This may have changed. Good luck.

Agreeing with DAT here. In addition to CR, check out Harrison Peak on the north side of the cirque, a few miles from CR. Drive to Sandpoint, continue north, turn west up Pack River road, drive 20 miles or so on mostly dirt road to Harrison Lake TH, hike up 2 miles to lake, then antoher mile to the south face routes. Routes are clean granite, seldom visited, upper end of moderate. Randall Green had a guidebook out about 15 years ago or so. Idaho Rock, or something like that. I go there every Labor Day for a nice climbing getaway. Snowed about 4 inches two years ago...

Cheers,

...sobo