Is Squid in Love?...

klenke

Love lorn [squid]

So tell me about Aurora, Squid.

Excerpt:

"ANCHORAGE, Alaska - It looks like [squid] is in love. After meeting the very fetching and slightly younger Aurora, he changed color and his eight arms became intertwined with hers. Then, the two retreated to a secluded corner to get to know each other better. We're talking about giant Pacific [squids] here.

"Aquarists at the Alaska SeaLife Center introduced the 3_-year-old [squid] to Aurora on Tuesday morning. The two really hit it off. Spermatophores were seen hanging from [squid's] siphon. shocked.gif

"'We really were not sure he had it in him,' yellaf.gif SeaLife Center aquarium curator Richard Hocking said Wednesday.

"Love almost passed [squid] by frown.gif. At 3_ years of age and _52 pounds, he's reaching the end of the line for his species, the largest [cephalopods] in the world. [squid] is in a period of decline that occurs before [squids] die. His skin is eroding. His suckers have divots.

"'He's not as strong as he used to be,' said aquarist Deanna Trobaugh.

"With so little time left, [squid] wasn't going to let the sweet Aurora slip through his eight [squid] arms. While she had to make the first move, he caught on quickly smileysex5.gif, especially for a [squid] who was collected on a beach near Seldovia in 1999 when he was about the size of a quarter and has lived the bachelor life since." thumbs_up.gif

Click the above link for more sordid details.

...snugtop.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damnit, Klenke! Is nothing sacred?!

Besides, anyone could see that the article is about a lousy Octopus!!

This willful misrepresentation of the facts makes you as bad as Micheal Moore..or Rumsfield.

If you're really interested in my love life, talk to these guys.

or get the straight scoop here.

some teaser quotes:

[squid] is basically an eating and breeding machine

Unless pheromones are involved (squid perfumes), both male and female (or male/male and female/female) probably just bump into each other in the dark. After a moment of panic, sixteen arms and four tentacles entangle and the giants go beak to beak.

I get all woozy just reading about it.

They have some less than flattering comments about me, but I can rise above it.

Unfortunately for male squid there does not appear to be too much discrimination of potential mates. Basically if it doesn't eat you first when you bump into it in the dark then you give it everything you have to 'offer'.

w00t w00t

Unfortunately for male squid there does not appear to be too much discrimination of potential mates. Basically if it doesn't eat you first when you bump into it in the dark then you give it everything you have to 'offer'.

LOL.... guess i better not go into any dark rooms with squids...

(though when I used to scuba dive a lot, during "mating season" we'd run into "squid balls" basically what it sounds like, a whole lot of squid, in a ball... and if you got to close... wOOt!)