Whistler Sport Rock

Trundle

I'm going up to Whistler for a weekend vaca with the family and wouldn't mind sneaking in a few routes.

Probably just a bit of sport cragging, but I've never climbed up there at all. Should I bring trad gear?

Any recommended areas/routes? Should I bring more gear or are there some fun sport routes?

Appreciate any useful input.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get away with just bringing 'draws and a rope. I'm no expert on the area, but there is a formation with about a dozen or more moderate bolted routes just south of town behind an aparment complex. It was enough to keep me and my special ladyfriend busy for a day at Whistler last summer.

- a s s m * n k e y

You will want this book. laugh.gif If you are sticking to the Whistler area, then draws will be all you really need.

Do Star Chek. Bring extra anchor material for this, as you will have to rap down and climb out, all anchors are bolted, but no chains. blush.gif I think that four anchors are required if you have only one rope...

assmonkey is talking about Nordi Rock, I beleive.

Squamish is not far from whistler either...

There's lots of highway construction in the Cheakamus canyon area right now, and acces may be difficult to impossible in some areas at times.