Distal Biceps tendon rupture

Hi

I suffered a rupture of the distal biceps tendon in september of last year. I am not a climber but thought you guys might know about this injury. I am a professional acrobat you cans ee what i do at www.szarkaduo.com . i was wondering if anyone knew whether the tendon regained full strength after surgery which i had in september and if you are able to regain full athletic ability of your arm after it heals? my act is extreme and puts incredible pressure on my muscles, i tore the tendon during a show in australia. Does anyone know of someone with a similar injury and how well their arm recovered after surgery? My arm feels strong now and i have resumed practice in my discipline, but i am scared every day that it might rerupture on me! This is my lievelyhood, i have already lost my house over lack of income since i got hurt. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Robert

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This happened to John Gill, a very prominent climber (and former gymnast). I think it happened when he was 50. He was back to doing one arm pull ups in 6 months. Also happened to my dad, who regained full strength without surgery because his brachioradialis compensated for the loss of the biceps. I know it also happened to a member of the us mens gymnastics team, and he is competing again, too. Shitty injury, but you can fully recover.

I suffered a rupture of the distal biceps tendon in september of last year.

i am getting woozy just thinking about that. gaak! but dudes fully heal from that injury all the time. do your physical therapy. and drop enough hints to your partner so she developes an eating disorder and loses weight. thumbs_up.gif

all the tendon injuries i have had have healed totally. smashed achilles. ruptured pulleys in the hands. fuked up elbows. penile tendon strain. carpal tunnel. (those last two may be related confused.gif). it is all good now.

Shredded mine about 6 years ago , MRI, not totaly pulled away from the bone, by the elbow.

Doctor wanted to operate, I decline , totaly pissed him off.

Took two years to reach 85% which was his best case scenario

Sports recovery: in a cast for a month..light dumb bells for a month... climbing : tear...heal...tear...heal, I think that is why My recovery was so good..long and painfull way back

After 6 years other muscles have enlarged and taken up the slack seems to be 100% but maybe not

As with all my past injurys I let my mind and body tell me what to do , that doctor was really pissed he missed out on his surgery$$$$$