WTB: Dynafit compatible boots, size 11.

Bug

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Snoboy. The Scarpa boots seem to be made for really narrow feet. I can wear them, just need at least a size bigger. I had planned on getting Lasers but I ended up with Dynafit boots although they cost almost an additional $100. I have short wide feet.

I have come to really like them. I climb way more time than ski, and they seem great for that.

Dynafit TLT 4 Pro's are definitely the way to go! Climbed Yocum Ridge with em' and skied Cooper Spur with a 35lb pack. Same boots. Though they fit wide feet best, and dont have that insane arch like the Lazers. Very rigid when tightened, but still dont need the heel lock feature. And nothing else even comes close for uphill/climbing comfort or flexibility. the_finger.gif

Buy and be happy! thumbs_up.gif

Great info. Thanks. I have a wide flat foot that is about a 10 3/4. My priority is climbing. My boots will see Liberty ridge as a starter. And will see triple couliours, Stuart, Chair etc. I definately need the climbing performance to be as good as the system can offer.

So do you all agree that the Dynafit TLT 4 Pro's are best for climbing?

I have the TLT 700's. They have the climb/ski lever. I can't say that I really notice a lot of difference. The top two buckles have a catch where you can climb with them unbuckled and they don't flop around.

I usually still buckle the middle one, just not tightly. This is the one thing that I would definately get fitted at a good store. I have hiked quite a few miles in mine without sore spots. I got them at the Mt. Shop in Portland. They will fit the heat-moldable liners for you and say that they will re-do them 3 or 4 times as they lose their shape.

Great info. Thanks. I have a wide flat foot that is about a 10 3/4. My priority is climbing. My boots will see Liberty ridge as a starter. And will see triple couliours, Stuart, Chair etc. I definately need the climbing performance to be as good as the system can offer.

So do you all agree that the Dynafit TLT 4 Pro's are best for climbing?

If you really want to be able to climb best in them, you might wanna check out the MLT4. It's the same bottom part of the shell as the TLT, but with a smaller, lace-up cuff. You might be get a buckle added to boost the ski performance a little.

I have heard bad things about the durability of the Dynafit boots, but maybe they have improved since.

Flat feet will probably have trouble in the Scarpa Lasers, they are very high shells. Not sure if the other models are the same.

Discalimer: I am a tele skier. yelrotflmao.gif But I am a gear Geek_em8.gif too. laugh.gif

I have both a pair of MLT4s and a pair of TLT700s (haven't used them yet) which just replaced my TLT ATs. The MLT4s really do climb awesome. They are practically the same thing as plastics. With an intuition liner my pair of MLT4s comes to 4lbs 10oz, which is like a pound lighter than scarpa invernos, etc. They ski alright, but certainly not nearly as well as a real AT ski boot. I wouldn't ski anything really hard (or exposed) in them, but they can't be beat for long traverses. rockband.gif

I have a pair of Dynafit TLT AT's. I really like mine. I just used them a few weeks ago to solo up the Mountaineer's Route on Whitney and then ski down. The last pitch was a bit dicey with up to 60 degree frozen snow and a couple of vertical sections over ice and cliffs. They handled great. The lower section of the couloir is 30-45 degrees. No problems there either except the snow sucked. It was all frozen and wherever people had walked before it made for a lot of chatter on the skis.

You can check out the sale section for Dynafit boots at Life-Link .