target practice

Drederek

Climbed on Honeycomb buttress last weekend (near the Tieton) and found a rap anchor with what appears to be a bullet hole in one of the rap rings. After having cut the mess down (slings wee rotted) i noticed rips and tears in em and a small lump. Sure looks like a shotgun pellet to me. Someone else had previously reslung the anchor, thx. Something to look for when you climb up to slings and a good reason to use chains i guess, people being what they are.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three rednecks went camping, and later, in the emergency room Tommy Ray is trying to explain to the State Trooper how Billy Joe got shot. Apparently while the three were sitting around, drinking beer and shooting at the tossed empties Tommy Ray asked if anyone wanted to go hunt "what all we see". Billy Joe jumps up and says, "OK, I'm game!" and next thang ya know Skeeter shoots 'em!

Honeycomb buttress AKA the beehive. Its in smoots latest "rock climbing washington" It has 6 sport (gasp!) routes from 11a to 12a and a mixed 10d, two of which are rather overhanging (if its only vertical its just another slab) and its possible to belay from your car. over white pass thru the tunnel left past jubilee camp two left forks and then you cant miss it. Wildcat cliff trail starts there and it is below the road.