Beginner Areas @ 11worth

fenderfour

I was planning on taking some semi-climbing friends to Barney's Rubble and Bruce's Boulder this weekend, but it looks like the Mounties will be gapin up the scene. Any other suggestions for good TR routes for beginners? I was thinking about Domestic Dome. It has a few easier (or is it moderate?) 5.6 to 5.9 routes.

-spanks y'all.

BTW - if you are out there this weekend look for me. I'm the tall (6'3") gaper with a red beard and piercings. You can find me at the Eightmile campground. Just look for the Green Subaru Outback with an obnoxious amount of climbing stickers on it.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to domestic dome do the 5.6 BS for some scary (for the grade), sometimes sandy slab to a big ledge. Couple of options for a second pitch include a 5.4 route to an obvious tree, or Underachiever a nice 5.8 with fun stem moves between a couple of flakes and a bolted slab finish. There is also a wide crack up there at something like 5.8, I think it's called snag crack(?) - didn't do that one.