bad manners suck

minx

sunday morning we had a couple of hours before the obligatory visit to the family so we got up early and headed up to e38.

we climbed a couple routes to warm up. while i was at about the second bolt of a route i see some guy come blazing up by himself. he looks agitated. he starts poking at the gear from 2 girls who were climbing next to us. he asks my partner if it's ours and he says no. about this time i'm at the chains setting up to rap down and the rest of this guy's heard show up. the gals who had climbed the route next to us had rapped down and were climbing something else. we had planned to do that route next.

stress case has laid a rope at the bottom of that pitch. jumped on the pitch i had just climbed with one of his heard. 2 more were setting up a tr on another route and there was still one more hanging out idly. none of this would really have bothered me except that a) the guy was rude to my partner b) was considering messing w/someone elses stuff c) had thrown a rope at the bottom of route that no one was going to climb for a bit. it was just plain rude.

don't be rude at the crag. just b/c you want to climb it at some point doesn't mean you should tie it up until you're ready.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, last year we were at x38 doing some warm ups at the top of the bridge. I was leading the 5.9 on the right, got to the 3rd bolt and looked up to see some guy getting ready to set a tr on the route I was on. He actually scrambled up the left side, and wasn't even on the rock when I started. Boy, did my partner let him have it. The other guy started whining about not going fast enough, so he got in a huff and left. No manners..... cry.gif

A while back, some members of the DFA Krew were out at Smith, getting ready to get on Magic Light, as another group had just finished before them. Someone starts up the route, and, about a quarter of the way up, a lady who is actually climbing 5-Gallon Buckets starts hollering at them, telling them they have to get off Magic Light because she was going to get on it next!

yellaf.gifhellno3d.gifthe_finger.gif

Some people ... rolleyes.gif

Peeps constantly amaze me! When im out there I try to be as helpful, friendly, and funny as possible cantfocus.gif. Why climb and enjoy the activity if all your intent is GO GO GO and ME ME ME.

Climbing in obscure areas, chossy rock, or environments less than appealing seem to help me avoid those types.

Worst place to go IMHO...The Gallery at Red Rocks. hellno3d.gif Avoid it like the plague or go there and just people watch, what a circus.

OH and bring some garbage bags for the PB wrappers and feces. cry.gif