So crazy, it just might work

foraker

Ok, here's the deal.

My wife is in school until the end of summer which pretty much means we as a couple aren't going anywhere on the weekends (except maybe during her break at the end of June). So my goals this year are:

1) Find someone to do a lot of multi-pitch trad climbs and then head out to the Bugaboos for a couple of weeks at the end of August when she goes back to Europe to visit her parents. I'd say I'm a 5.8-5.9 trad climber at the beginning of the season and wouldn't mind becoming a solid 5.10 climber finally. Most of my rock climbing experience has been in Australia (where I learned) and California (pretty much mostly Yosemite). I've not been to the Bugaboos and have been drooling over the guide book ever since I got it.

2) Find someone to work with on local (WA/BC) alpine climbs with the goal of heading to higher ranges (Denali/S.America) next year. If I'm going such places, I don't want to be meeting my partner at the airport. :-P I've got to do Denali simply so my father will stop pestering me to come home and do it (my parents still live in Anchorage...a bit of a bonus really because it means we I have a staging area and a free ride to and from anywhere because dad is Retired Guy). Anyway, I learned alpine climbing in New Zealand and was pretty ok on New Zealand alpine grade 3/3+ routes. I can typically get to 14000' without much problem. I did a solo of Shasta a few years ago and went from Bunny Flats to the summit and back in a day. So, I think I'm pretty good for 1000'/hr with a light load. Maybe a bit less. Working on my running now to ensure that. Would like to do an early ascent of Liberty Ridge this year if anyone's interested.

Just looking for cool people with good outdoor sense. Not looking for serious type A personalities who like carrying nitro up K2. ;-) Pics of some of my New Zealand stuff are on the link in my profile.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...