gettin some...

bobbyperu

best booty, watched a guy leave a cam he couldn't clean on a climb at Mt Lemmon. he said "it's yours if you can clean it" and proceeded to leave(had to get to work) and i cleaned a beautiful WC #2 flexy friend with BD wire biner left on it also. i figured it wasn't that stuck. toddler out

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much gear ya quess is out there in the rotating pool of booty?

Dirt bags we be less likely to leave or lose gear as it is more valuable to them yuppie arcterx soft shell wearing capicino drinking suburau driving climbers are more likely to leave gear. The amount of gear you leave is directly related to where wear you fall on this spectrum. I believe I fall right in the middle which means for every piece of gear I find I lose a peice of equal value.

E8 , I think your just about right. I fall slightly to the dirt bag side. I think I keep more than I find. The question is to find the popular yuppie trad climbs so that I can find usefull bootie. I quess I can use more draws but cams are so much sweeter. Last year for instance I made a couple trips to sandpoint Id. to look for new routes. On one trip I decided to spend a day messin around Wa pass on the trip over. Pretty nice climbs ended up finding three almost new wallnuts, one Zero and two tricams. Pretty good day. Once outside sanpoint I found two steel rap rings left them swapped out the slings.

Net positve trip, Yay yuppie gear donars wink.gif

I heard of a guy who found a shi*t load of Northface Dome Tents and all kind of awesome sleeping backs, packs, gear and food at Camp 4 in Yosemite once. Evidently all these people just went off and left the schizzel.

One of my best booties was coming on an old old friend who had moved up to Seattle and came back with some of his buddies to repeat some favs. They got a #2 cam stuck about 20" up, and were lamenting the loss (up there stuck in the rock laughing in thier faces in full view) as they were coiling their ropes preparing for the hike out when I bumped into them.

I freesolo up, IT COMES RIGHT OUT! ( a little wiggling) I get down and give the cam back to my friend. Best bootie is happy bootie.

Also, most of the times I will try to come back the next day if I see some bootie (if I can), figuring the owner may come back first. Found a Smith guidebook that must have fallen out of a pack that way on the back side of Smith Group. Saw it Saturday, look to see if it had a name in the cover somewhere (it didn't). Put it right back down and left. Climbed all day Sunday, on the way out I walked over and the book was right where I had left it next to the trail in full view apperntly as yet untouched. Slipped it in my backpack.

I got into quite an arguement with a friend over this once in Yosemite. Someone had left some Fires (when they were the hot shoe) near the Devils Kitchen area. Late in the day, we are the last naked climbers lounging stoned in the water, my friend tries them on and they fit him. He's thinking "bootie", and certainly a major upgrade over the ratty EB's he had. I'm thinking somebody will be looking for the shoes the next day and counsel leaving them. Strong discussion ensues for at least 10 min.

The arguement got resolved when he agreed to leave a "found shoes" notes at camp 4 bulliton board. boxing_smiley.gif Guess we could have thought of that before we argued it out. Dohhhh.

Hard to say what bootie is sometimes. I still feel somewhat guilty using a locker which was obviously an abandoned bail biner I found at the top of boardwalk rappel out at Beacon a couple of years ago. Shouldn't but I do.

climbing booty just can't step tho yellowsleep.gif... but smileysex5.gif -pretty much the best thing out!-hands down thumbs_up.gifbigdrink.gif to gettin' some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cantfocus.gifblush.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!