Johns @ MT Erie

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Restrooms up there would be great! But why target just the large groups. I'd bet that everyone who needs to urinate while up there simply runs off into the bushes and takes a leak....soloists, tourons, drinking teens, BASE jumpers.....

Sounds like the perfect time to start charging a $5 entrance fee! That will finance the cleaning and repair service for the restrooms. You KNOW they'll be vandalized multiple times every year!

And do you really think ANY climber at the BOTTOM of a climb will actually hike (or climb) all the way to the top to use the porta potty?...would you?....fat chance.

If anything, the city should ask that the groups self-enforce a waste management policy, simliar to that on Rainier. I really doubt many people actually defecate up there, but it would be no big deal for the groups to teach their students to use blue bags before they actually get on a glacier....as long as ALL the climbers buy into it...

So what's the matter Dave, did you step in some dog dookie? Or did you take a dump up there and feel a little guilt for not packing it out? ..... all in good fun... bigdrink.gif

I've been up to mount erie hundreds of times with big groups and without. I know that the group that i guide for is actually on of the main groups that uses mt erie during the summer months and we teach and enforce proper waste disposal in the form of blue bagging. more often than not though the clients just hold it till the end of the day for a real restroom.

Furthermore, they have tried multiple times to place a porta-potty at the top for people's convenience but it is vandalized so much and over used to the extent that they would have to come up to clean it probably 3 or 4 times a day in to ensure that it was a more pleasant place than using the bushes as a toilet anyway. Besides that only the people at the top would even bother using it anyway as stated before ("And do you really think ANY climber at the BOTTOM of a climb will actually hike (or climb) all the way to the top to use the porta potty?...would you?....fat chance.")

with all considerations included, i think that mt erie isn't half as bad as some places i've been in terms of cleanliness.

cheers

seth.... baltijos!!!! svytury's!!!!! labas vakyras! kaip sekasi?!?! you bastard! how are you? lets go climing... i am gonna be in sea-town this weekend... leaving tonight... the_finger.gif Hey man we acn drink some kalnapilas in seattle, i know just the place.

Oh Yeah... access...hmm... good thing... clean up yer poop... uh yeah...