Chair Peak

Climberextreme

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the NF is probably not in good shape is it has been very warm for the last week or so. wouldn't waste the time to hike up there. TC (triple c) should be good though, as it is higher in altitude and should freeze solid every night. march n april are good times for TC.

I searched for "Chair"

in "Alpine Lakes" forum

Last 3 years (beta from past seasons is valuable too)

and selected "Show main post" only

I got lots of results back, including this one which is probably the most relevant in this case:

Heiny's TR 3/13/04

Do I have to do everything around here!?!? rolleyes.gif

I'm guessing that Climberextreme saw that TR from 2 1/2 weeks ago, but figured, reasonably, that a snow/ice climb can change a lot in two weeks in March. Since the majority of people who do routes don't appear to post TRs, it seems reasonable that asking for information would be more likely to get more current conditions than relying on a 3/13 TR.

OK OK OK...

You're right. It was a reasonable question. It does seem like lots of people don't use the Search function to its full potential though...

Back on topic, I agree with Gene that the ice routes on Chair are probably gone for the year, but I haven't been up there in a couple of weeks. Anyone have any recent first hand beta for Mr. ClimberExtremeoMtDude?