Lib Ridge conditions for this year?

wannabeclimber

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi WBC,

Welcome to cc.com. If you do a search for "Liberty Ridge" on this site you should find lots of info. Potterfield/Nelson's "Selected Climbs in the Cascades" has a good route description.

I doubt anyone has been on the route yet this year; you'll probably have to wait another 6-8wks to get specific route condition info.

Cheers.

Conditions will vary with the time of year you plan to climb it. Most climb it in late spring/early summer. You will get a more direct answer if you specify when you plan to climb it. There are a number of guide books available for Rainer; is that the kind of info you are in search of?

Additionally, there is a thread in the Rainer section discussing this route at great length. Consider looking at it.

Yeah like jja said. Last year they opened it up a little early, I think they had it plowed out around the 20th if I remember right. They should have an estimated road opening date somewhere on the park website and they are actually pretty good about updating it. Otherwise with the gate closed you may want to add a day to each end of the trip.