looking for beginner/intermediate BC partners

Double_E

Well after lurking for months and coming to a coupla pub clubs I'm actually posting to CC for the first time. Hi all. smirk.gifcool.giflaugh.gifbigdrink.gif

And after working too much and not doing nearly enuf skiing this winter, I'm finally now looking for some [more] backcountry ski partners. I've got randonee gear and have had it for a few years but have mostly used it for DH areas so far. Time to change that sad state of affairs!!

Probably have done about 12 days of XC/BC in my life; local stuff includes Reflection Lakes, Paradise, some stuff at Mt. St Helens, some stuff at White Pass, etc. At DH areas I'm a good solid blue-run skier; usually do like one black per day.

Couple yrs ago I took a good multi-day avi class from Gary whasshisname. Don't have a beacon but do have borrow-access to one. If we're going to ski avi-prone conditions/terrain tho I'm going to need some refresher practice... taking turns hiding a beacon in the woods or snow & taking turns finding it.

Yeah so I dunno, I was thinking-- Blewett Pass this weekend? Or next? Saturday works better this weekend, but Sunday's better most future weekends.

Ethan

PS: also could be talked into just hitting grommers tomorrow... like maybe Stevens.

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

definitely! wave.gif ...or well, hoping to get back into it this year at least. between 1999 thru '01 I climbed Hood, Adams, St. Helens (in winter), Olympus and Glacier Pk and some smaller stuff too. dreams include Baker, Shuksan, Rainier, Constance, Anderson & others.

for the most part, i'm into doing the easy routes; altitude and sweet views are more important to me than route technicality. thumbs_up.gif

have done some alpine/trad; would do so again (and ice too) if others had gear to lend and wanted to bring a gumby along. just never have felt like investing in all that fancy hardware, except for the glacier stuff.