Saturday Caucus

mothboy88

Did you go? What did you think of the process?

I went to my first on today. I just found out that they would let you go even if you were registered as an independent. I thought the public exchange of ideas was pretty cool. Plus I got to meet a lot of my neighbors.

My precinct nominated 1 delegate each for Kerry, Kucinich, and Dean. To bad the one Clark guy couldn't persuade some Deanies and then we could of had a good alliteration.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours was pretty crazy too. I got the impression from the more experienced "caucusers" in my precinct (Ballard, Crown Hill, Broadview area of north Seattle)that this was by far the biggest turnout they'd ever seen. Do you think thats because we are so polarized politically right now or is it more due to the primary being cancelled?

Ours was pretty crazy too. I got the impression from the more experienced "caucusers" in my precinct (Ballard, Crown Hill, Broadview area of north Seattle)that this was by far the biggest turnout they'd ever seen. Do you think thats because we are so polarized politically right now or is it more due to the primary being cancelled?
The veteran I talked to said that the large turnout is mostly because of the large number of candidates, but I think it is also because of the intense desire to not f--- it up this time. There was lots of talk about electability. There was also talk of not letting Kerry off the hook by letting him win easily. There was the perception that the competition from Dean and Kucinich was making him a tougher candidate.

I think it is also because of the intense desire to not f--- it up this time.

blame the last one on oregon. fukin nader lovin mutha fukkas. rolleyes.gif

confused.gif Oregon went for Gore. You are wrong shocked.gif Nader may not be electable, but at least he's not a more worried about bigdrink.gif and smileysex5.gif than helping people.