Silvretta 500 technical question

willstrickland

I'm a knuckle dragger, and a ski gumby. Just bought some used 500s. The question I have is this:

There are two parts to this binding, the rail/step-in front section, and the lock-down rear section. But there are also these two black plastic things (apparently one for each binding/ski) that are about 4 inches long, 1/2 inch wide, curved, with curled or "hooked" ends and a square slot in the center of the piece. I've looked at pics of the binding on-line and don't see these thingers on there. WTF are these for or where do they go? See...I told you I'm a gumby.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a really bad paint rendition of what it looks like(see attachment). Two square slots in the middle as you can see.

I have a pair of Silvretta Easy-Go's that shipped with two little plastic clips that you can use to keep the heel pieces from flopping around during transport (like on your ski rack). One side of the clip hooks onto the rail and the other side hooks onto the heel piece when it is flipped forward. See if you can make your gizmos work this way.

The 500 has a different heel piece then the Easy-Go, so it would be no surprise if your clips looked different than mine.

Thanks Lowell. That sounds like exactly what I'm talking about. Not quite sure how they hook on since they're a little long to work in the configuration you describe for the Easy-go, but I think it's gotta be the purpose of these things. Good thing I'm doing environmental work with the 'ol Civil Engineering degree rather than designing bridges eh?