The "push"

freeclimb9

Check out the consequence of prolonged sleep deprivation: "Prolonged sleeplessness weakens immune function. Animals tortured in sleep-deprivation experiments eventually die from massive bacterial infections of the blood..."

And I thought the hallucinations were bad enough. I've got some Teton traverse goals for the summer. And in the Winds. And in the Sierras. Anyone up for torture and risk of blood infection?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

freeclimb9:

What are your plans in the winds? and in the tetons?

I have done the Winds from Pinedale (Elkhart park)to Dubois (Trail, Ring, & Torrey Lakes) via Indian pass and the Bull Lake basin into Dinwoody via Blaurock pass then out Dinwoody Canyon (Glacier Trial). It was fun. We hit a few big peaks on the way.

I have always wanted to do a true traverse starting at south pass and going to towgatee pass....staying mostly on the divide and off trails.

quote:

Originally posted by freeclimb9:

Check out the consequence of prolonged sleep deprivation: "Prolonged sleeplessness weakens immune function. Animals tortured in sleep-deprivation experiments eventually die from massive bacterial infections of the blood..."

And I thought the hallucinations were bad enough. I've got some Teton traverse goals for the summer. And in the Winds. And in the Sierras. Anyone up for torture and risk of blood infection?

torture!!!

last time i heard the words hallucinations and infection in the same paragraph, i woke up 4 daze later without any clothes and syurup all over the house!!!! cant remember what happend, but hopefully it was fun!!!!

careful with this one guys.........have fun!!

quote:

Originally posted by Rodchester:

What are your plans in the winds? and in the tetons?

I'd like to cruise the highline trail in a day, or two (Big Sandy opening to Green River Lakes). But, going from south pass to green river lakes (or further to togwotee pass) touching on the Fremont trail with side trips and variations (maybe through the Ciruque and over Lizard's head, or over Gannett, for example) would be worthy --albeit a different kind of- trip. My dream Winds trip would be a week, or two, based in Titcomb basin. For the Tetons, I've got a long list of route objectives. For traverses, I'd like to do the Cathedral traverse, the ice-palace traverse (my own coinage. Northeast snowfields of Owen to Black Ice --maybe into West Face-- on the Grand to the Northwest couloir on Middle, and maybe the Grand Traverse. Any of the three is ambitious.

For the Sierras, a 5-6 day cruise on the Muir trail would be compelling. But there are climbing traverses that would be great, too.

I only live a few hours drive from Big Sandy opening, or Jackson Hole.

• 2 weeks later...