This kind of shit gravels my ass -

allthumbs

People that work under the table all the time, and don't pay taxes. They fucking suck. I don't have a problem with a guy doing it now and then for short periods (although really, there's no excuse for that either) but these cocksuckers that make a career out of it when I've been paying in all my adult working life deserve a jack-boot up their ass. Motherfuckers piss me off. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You think that's bad, I worked construction with this guy who recieved an early discharge and partial disability payments from the Marines (after injuring his knee playing softball) while collecting unemployment and working under the table as a carpenter. Things were great until he shot himself in the thumb with a nail gun. Then he couldn't start paying L & I fast enough. yellaf.gif

Remember to be pissed off at the people who pay workers under the table too. I work in trauma rehab and have seen quite a few people who have brain injuries, spinal cord injuries or burns from working for people under that table. Remember if you are paying someone and he gets hurt, the man is gonna come down on you and you are gonna pay a lot in Labor and Industries and tax back charges along with fines and possible criminal charges. Not to mention what you would get sued for. Those of us who have made a trip to the ER might remember one of the first questions they ask you is if the injury happened while you were working...

Actually, there is a bar to suit against your employer in Washington (RCW 51.04.010) unless it is an "intentional" act. (RCW 51.24.020). Of course you are correct that the fines would be very high, and the DL&I man would come down on you hard. blush.gif But no lawsuit can arise from the employee against the employer.

That being said, those that do not pay into social security tax system because they worked under the table their whole lives will not be able to collect back from it when they retire . . . so they can’t retire under the table. shocked.gif Most people will collect back far more from social security than they have paid into it. cool.gif As such, working under the table is not always a smart as it might sound. frown.gif

Actually, there is a bar to suit against your employer in Washington (RCW 51.04.010) unless it is an "intentional" act. (RCW 51.24.020).

Interesting... I can think of one person who got severely injured in an unsafe shop and he said he was being courted by lawyers to sue. I wonder if they were going at some other angle. Or maybe he was just making that stuff up because he thought it made him sound cool.

Mothboy88:

When a workplace accident occurs there can be others, besides the employers, that are liabile. The law bars suit against an employer, not against others.

So if an employee of a subcontractor, say an electrican, falls and dies on the job (assuming a factual basis for negligence exists), the employer is insulated from suit. But the dead employee (through his/her estate) may file suit against the General contractor and/or any other subs that may have contributed to the death.

Of course the employer will still face serious fines from DL&I and will also face an increased DL&I premium.