Convert privately owned climbing area to public ?

openspaces

Dear Climbers,

I'm working on a project (currently being used by rock climbers) in Icicle Canyon and need some feedback. I work for a land conservation organization, and am in the process of working with the private owner to purchase the property, which will then be converted into public land.

Before this can be done, the Chelan County Commissioners must approve the process (something I am told could be met with opposition).

I'm organizing a letter writing campaign, supporting the public acquistion of this parcel.

If you are interested, or want to learn more, please let me know. I could really use your help.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The area is known as Goat Dome, accessed via the Snow Lakes Trailhead. It is on private land, and the landowner would like to sell the property to The Trust for Public Land (TPL). In turn, TPL will convey the property to the Forest Service.

But first, the Forest Service must discuss the project with the Chelan County Commissioners.

We are asking folks to send support letters to Commissioner Keith Goehner (rep for that district).

If you would like specific language please e-mail me at tele4peace@yahoo.com and I can send you a draft letter.

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...