Your Definition of 'Patriotism'

HRoark

(a solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short snaf.gif)

i think we are brutish animals that are social in nature and are able to cooperate for the benefit of the group. often that doesn't need to involve other people losing. if it does involve other people losing the long term pros and cons need to be carefully considered - it turns out we all need good neighbors from time to time.

Edited by lI1|1!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we are brutish animals that are social in nature and are able to cooperate for the benefit of the group. often that doesn't need to involve other people losing. if it does involve other people losing the long term pros and cons need to be carefully considered - it turns out we all need good neighbors from time to time.

So you're a believer in a win-win situation. I tend to see life as more of a zero-sum game where someone has to lose something for another to gain. It's a harsh way of seeing the world and discounts the existence of compromise but it's how I see the majority of interactions.

I think seeing the world through 'infinite potential win-win situation' glasses is just more New Age mumbo-jumbo.

Yeah, I don't think that we'll see it in our lifetime, but we can help it along it's way.

I think the corporations and global capital will go along way to unifying the world. I just hope the model gets more positive and life oriented.

global capitol will never work. Mainly because many dont agree with capitolism. You think that the middle eastern countries are gonna sign on to a business deal with the likes of the U.S. and Israel? It would be nice, but it just aint gonna happen. We are just to different to create the international community that looks so good on paper. When a religious group is intent on killing anyone that is not in allignment with their principles, it kinda makes unification difficult. not to mention when there are dozens of such groups.

So you're a believer in a win-win situation. I tend to see life as more of a zero-sum game where someone has to lose something for another to gain. It's a harsh way of seeing the world and discounts the existence of compromise but it's how I see the majority of interactions.

I think seeing the world through 'infinite potential win-win situation' glasses is just more New Age mumbo-jumbo.

i certainly don't believe everything is win-win; i don't smoke crack. but i think there is win-win out there, and i also think wealth can be created. (that wealth is created is i think the basic thing karl marx failed to understand.) i also think if you fuck your nieghbor in the ass you can expect the same thing in return. i also think somebody that screws you doesn't need to be your nieghbor (unless of course you're trask). cooperation is a great thing scrambler, you should try it some time.

do you think "patriotism" invloves cooperation?

--snip--...and i also think wealth can be created. (that wealth is created is i think the basic thing karl marx failed to understand.)--snip--

I don't understand what that means, 'create wealth'. Greenspan mentioned that once but isn't it really the illusion of wealth? I understand the 'concentration' of wealth but not 'creation' of wealth. So are you talkin about an increase in production or lowering of prices?

Wealth as I understand it is raw materials combined with labor to make something useful. Money is created when people borrow it. More simply put, money is a means to repay debt because there isn't enough raw materials and labor to do so.

Basically Greenspan is saying that the emperor is wearing no clothes when he say things like "Irrational Exuberance". Of course, he used to read a lot of Ann Rand too.

--snip--...and i also think wealth can be created. (that wealth is created is i think the basic thing karl marx failed to understand.)--snip--

I don't understand what that means, 'create wealth'. Greenspan mentioned that once but isn't it really the illusion of wealth? I understand the 'concentration' of wealth but not 'creation' of wealth. So are you talkin about an increase in production or lowering of prices?

plant a seed. let it grow. the dried bud is now worth $300 an ounce. capiche?