Bigassed Mountain Pictures

b-rock

I do, in my house we have the N Cascades and Rainier, the Big R is mine, I found it at a used prints/frame store. There is also a nice one of the Olympics with Seattle in the foreground, but you probabaly know this. How was that for useless info? [big Drink]

[ 04-16-2002, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: avypoodle ]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the N. Cascades one as taken by Will Landon (copyright 1980) from Sahale Peak (Sahale "Mountain").

I think I've seen it for sale at the University of Washington Bookstore in Seattle, but since you're in Portland, that might be a little out of your way.

I did a search on Yahoo of "Will Landon panorama" and several results came back. You might want to look there. Looks like Mr. Landon may even have an email address: landon@rain.org.

A few words of note about the North Cascades poster:

Being a self-acclaimed Cascade Peak name-dropper, there are several naming mistakes on the poster. In addition to misspellings (e.g. Chaval not Cheval, Snowfield not Snow Field, and Snowking not Snow King), there are ten mis-located/labeled peaks on it. There may be more I haven't found yet.

These are: Mt. Blum, Whatcom Peak, Mt. Challenger, Mt. Spickard (barely; line is actually pointing to neighboring Mt. Custer), Sourdough Mountain, Frisco Peak is "probably" actually Abernathy Peak, McAllister is actually Reynolds Peak, Whitechuck Mountain (where Mt. Pugh is labeled is actually Whitechuck), and Mt. Pugh (misplaced to the north)

---Paul

I have the N Cascades poster from Sahale.

I bought it in Winthrop, WA at the Methow Valley Ranger Station on Hwy 20.

I also believe they sell them in Newhalem and in Marblemount at the Ranger/Wilderness Office.

Maybe on sale at Mt Rainier Paradise?

Good luck, it's a nice photo despite some of the factual errors, which I never knew about until just now. Thanks for that info.

Steve

Ok, I'm sure everyone has seen them - oversize poster / photo of the North Cascades, or Rainier, or Everest - with the peaks labeled above, white top and bottom margins. Does anyone know where to find these for sale? All those I've seen credit the photographer and artist, but have no company or contact info. Or does no one know what I'm talking about... [Roll Eyes]

Thanks.