Skagit Mtn. Rescue got Jacked!

Led_Hed

Just saw on the 11o'clock news that the Skagit Mtn. Rescue got ripped off this weekend. All of their communication equipment and climbing gear was stolen. We should all try to rally the donations for these guys and chip in for a service that could certainly affect us should we epic big this year! And bust the jackasses who may turn up selling their loot on ebay or the like. pitty.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea,

Anyone have any contacts up there at SMR? If they could get an estimated list of the items jacked maybe we could notify all of the used gear shops that might be solicited. Catching the little shits would be awesome. I heard the guy on the news (being interviewed) say that they have virtually no equipment to mount major rescues with right now. SMR are good people. They came after me and my pall last winter when we were overdue and I'd hate for someone's rescue to be compromised. This stings! mad.gif

Skagit Mt. Rescue, like most Mt. Rescue units are funded via donations. Sometimes there is an allocation of funds that come from the county(s) that they support, but more often than not, they are funded by good folks like us who may have some spare change to donate.

That being said, I would urge any that could afford to send them some $$ for equipment replacement to:

Skagit Mountain Rescue

P.O. Box 2

Mt. Vernon, WA 98273

Any and all donations would help! You guys rockband.gif

Don't know the exact conditions under which SMR was ripped off, but if they were on a mission, or the truck/equipment stash was stored on Sheriff/County property, then they *should* be covered for full replacement under County insurance.

At least that's how it works for us here in CWMR in Yakivegas.

Still, an inventory of the loss and publishing of the act to gear re-sellers should be done so as to have a hope of collaring the shitheads who pulled this shit. madgo_ron.gif