footbeds for teleboots

HADU

I have a pair of Garmont Veloce telemark boots and am looking for good footbeds for them. The ones they came with suck; no arch support so when I turn my feet flatten and my toes push against the front of the liner; a week or 2 later a few toe nails fall off. Any recommendations for which footbeds are good for arch support? I have heard good things about Superfeet of SOLE footbeds, anyone have good/bad experience with these? Thanks.

HADU snaf.gif

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the snowboard shop in Pioneer square (most convenient to Bainbridge) and got the heat moldable ones (I think they are SOLE). They were about $25-$30, but I really like them. I can transfer them to other boots as well. I use Garmont synergy with the thermofit liners. They gave me a beer while my feet cooked in the liners!

shredmaximus said: I like the idea of the heat moldable ones, since my feet are kind of funky, but when would I cook them…before or after I cooked the new thermo liners?

I bought a pair of the thermo liners too (which are too short for my Lasers frown.gif ) I molded liners & footbeds at the same time. The footbeds were a pain to get in the liner - 1 turned out well, the other not so well.

David_Parker said:

I went to the snowboard shop in Pioneer square (most convenient to Bainbridge) and got the heat moldable ones (I think they are SOLE). They were about $25-$30, but I really like them. I can transfer them to other boots as well. I use Garmont synergy with the thermofit liners. They gave me a beer while my feet cooked in the liners!

Did you have to bring your boots in with you then? or can you buy them and do it at home?

I brought my boots with me. We cooked the soles and liners at the same time. I've heard about too many "mistakes" doing it at home. I figured if they screwed it up, they'd do it again no charge. I think a convection oven would be ok, but anything else you risk not getting all of the liner the same temp. Dunno, haven't tried it.