i didnt know neverland ranch had a gift shop

Metalhead_Mojo

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't follow Michael Jackson "issues" very closely, and it sounds like the guy is strange for sure, but I am bothered by the media's virtual conviction. I am also bothered by the treatment given Kobe Bryant, and given what I've subsequently read since his initial "TV media conviction", I believe him to be innocent.

I now have no faith in what the media tells me about MJ. I just hope he gets a fair trial.

Fairweather said:

I don't follow Michael Jackson "issues" very closely, and it sounds like the guy is strange for sure, but I am bothered by the media's virtual conviction. I am also bothered by the treatment given Kobe Bryant, and given what I've subsequently read since his initial "TV media conviction", I believe him to be innocent.

I now have no faith in what the media tells me about MJ. I just hope he gets a fair trial.

santa barbara aint exactly known as a hotbed of reactionism. know what i mean?

from nerve.com

'Officials in Santa Barbara, California, plan to charge Jackson with multiple counts of “lewd and lascivious conduct” with a child under fourteen, who remains unidentified and possibly catatonic. Jackson hasn’t made too good a showing for himself lately, claiming in a February BBC interview that he had shared his bed with many children, but continuing: “Why can’t you share your bed? The most loving thing to do is to share your bed with someone. It’s a beautiful thing.” Actually, you know what's a beautiful thing? Not being a total skeeve. Just a thought.

As funny as molestation is, and as beautiful as bed-sharing is, the real humor and beauty in this story lies in the back-and-forth among Jackson’s publicist, Santa Barbara DA Thomas W. Sneddon Jr. and Sheriff Jim Anderson. They, by the way, should totally give us a call if they’re ever in New York, because they sound like a fucking blast. When Michael’s spokesman insinuated that the warrant was timed to overshadow the release of a “Greatest Hits” collection, Sneddon responded, “Like the sheriff and I are into that kind of music.” As if!'

got any kids fearweather? cuz its a beautiful thing to let em share a bed with middleaged creepy men. the_finger.gif

i think the media has sensationalized the jackson story to a point, but no more than they have for any other celebrity scandal. they may have already called him guilty before the trial, but so have many others.

dont forget, he paid that little kid a $20 million "out of court settlement" back in '93 so he wouldnt testify against him. the state lost their only witness and then had no case.

those are the facts, interpret it any way you want to...

I’m saying this again, if he’s found guilty, then HANG THE BASTARD. Allegations arose 10 years ago concerning child molestation. What the hell were the parents thinking to let their kids stay overnight at Neverland? Are they complete idiots? Unless MJ kidnapped the kids, I’d say the parents are complicit to some extent.

I only need to remind you of the Wenatchee sex trials where allegations arose concerning child molestation and ritual satanic abuse. Convictions were overturned because no independent collaborating evidence was brought forth to confirm the children’s verbal accounts. Seemingly memory can be very malleable and part of the function of the mind is to complete the gaps in comprehension. For instance, a therapist, by asking leading questions, can unknowingly create false memories that a child believes to be true. A researcher, Dr. Elizabeth Loftus, formerly of UW studied this phenomenon.

This is almost reminiscent of the Salem witch trials where people were tried and hung based on the testimonials of hysterical people. It seems the thing that they feared most, robbed these people of rationality. Today, child molestation is the thing most parents fear. What if you were going through a contentious divorce and your former spouse accused you of child molestation based on the spouse’s coaching of the child?

The thing that appears to be going right is that law enforcement has seemingly gathered a lot of evidence (or so it appears). If it goes to trial, then it’s going to be a costly one but hopefully the victim(s) will see justice. I wonder if the website with the child’s deposition will poison the jury pool? That’s one possibility considering the media coverage given to this case.

It would be a travesty of justice if MJ is guilty but gets off. I’d think he’d better always have bodyguards around him because some angry parent will off him. I definitely believe he’s a pathetic freak.

scrambler said:

I’m saying this again, if he’s found guilty, then HANG THE BASTARD. Allegations arose 10 years ago concerning child molestation. What the hell were the parents thinking to let their kids stay overnight at Neverland? Are they complete idiots? Unless MJ kidnapped the kids, I’d say the parents are complicit to some extent.

I only need to remind you of the Wenatchee sex trials where allegations arose concerning child molestation and ritual satanic abuse. Convictions were overturned because no independent collaborating evidence was brought forth to confirm the children’s verbal accounts. Seemingly memory can be very malleable and part of the function of the mind is to complete the gaps in comprehension. For instance, a therapist, by asking leading questions, can unknowingly create false memories that a child believes to be true. A researcher, Dr. Elizabeth Loftus, formerly of UW studied this phenomenon.

This is almost reminiscent of the Salem witch trials where people were tried and hung based on the testimonials of hysterical people. It seems the thing that they feared most, robbed these people of rationality. Today, child molestation is the thing most parents fear. What if you were going through a contentious divorce and your former spouse accused you of child molestation based on the spouse’s coaching of the child?

The thing that appears to be going right is that law enforcement has seemingly gathered a lot of evidence (or so it appears). If it goes to trial, then it’s going to be a costly one but hopefully the victim(s) will see justice. I wonder if the website with the child’s deposition will poison the jury pool? That’s one possibility considering the media coverage given to this case.

It would be a travesty of justice if MJ is guilty but gets off. I’d think he’d better always have bodyguards around him because some angry parent will off him. I definitely believe he’s a pathetic freak.

For once, I agree with you.

MisterE said:

scrambler said:

I don't need to read up on shit. If you had ingested ergot and didn't know what the fuck was happening, then I'd say you'd get pretty damn hysterical. Freakin' demons and shit.

Sure it wasn't Jamestown (jimson) weed?

Still making your own ryebread? hahaha.gif

Jamestown weed also known as jimsonweed, datura, and angel's trumpet.

Warning to would-be psychonauts ( Student cuts off penis and tongue after drinking hallucinogenic tea).

A student cut off his own penis and his tongue after drinking an infusion of the latest drugs craze to sweep Germany.

The 18-year-old, only named as Andreas W, from Halle in Germany drank a tea made with the hallucinogenic angels' trumpet plants.

His mother said: "Andreas was behaving normally the whole day until he left the house and disappeared into the garden for a couple of minutes."

When he returned to the house he was wearing a towel wrapped around him and was bleeding heavily from his mouth and between his legs.

The emergency doctor who arrived a few minutes later said the student had cut off his penis and his tongue with garden shears and it was impossible to reattach the organs.

Dr Andreas Marneros, from the local psychiatric hospital the student was admitted to, said: "Andreas will have to receive psychological help for years. Tea from Angels' Trumpets is extremely dangerous as the drug cannot be dosed."