Free Camping at Red Rocks??

layton

Anyone know places to bivy and not get caught by Johnny Ranger?

Those bastards at the BLM!

-Major area, one f%#$%%$#cking campground run by a@#$@#$sswipes. I've slept in the parking lot at the campground and have been okay, but that's cuz I've gone to bed after the host, and left before the host got up. I've also slept in the Black Velvet parking lot, but I know the rangers patrol sometimes.

What kind of desert is this! Should be able to park your car, pitch a tent, kill some cows, and claim a frickin' mine!!

BTW: a friend of mine would sleep in the circus circus parking garage! Boy could play the system!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mikey, you camping slut!

The urban sprawl is crawly so fast towards the redrocks that the city limits will be fighting for parking space at the entry gates. Look for a spot in the land cleared for some new building. (on charleston blvd) It is all of 2 miles from the entry gate by now. Also, the construction fellows can be your alarm clock to get your ass out of the fart sack and go climb some big rock. Rumor has it the snow is all melted now. Good times!

I ain't vouching for the accuracy of this info. but thought it might help:

If anyone else out there can't stomach paying ten dollars a night at 13milecampground there is an alternative. Go past Blue Diamond 'til you hit 160,turn right(NW). Go all the way to lovell canyon Rd, it's at least fifteenmiles or so, past a saloon I cant remember the name of. After you turn ontoLovell canyon road go Eight miles, past this point you are in the nationalforest where you can camp as long as you want. Pretty remote, and not themost convienient place to camp but it worked in a pinch, and it's almost asclose to the black velvet canyon road as 13mile. Note that if you dont go atleast eight miles your still in part of Red rocks and there are two reallybored cops in a ford expedition driving around there all the time. Rememberif you pack it in, pack it out. I found some sights with panty hose andsocks and all kinds of other crap strewn everywhere. Oh yeah, the campsitesare mostly on the right, you'll see a buch of pullouts. Good luck!