de-mucking boots

allison

Ok, I did something dumb to my boots, and now I need your help. I scrubbed my mountaineering boots with a brush and some Lexol leather cleaner, and then when they were dry, I snowsealed them. Now I see that I didn't get them clean enough, the snowseal's kind of gross and dirty. Any ideas as to how to strip off this muck and start over? D'oh!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just warm em up by the fireplace, in a sunbeam, or in an oven turned to warm. the snoseal should sink into the leather and leave the grit behind. but you know it doesnt matter if the snoseal is dirty or not cause it still waterproofs. the best seal job i ever did had pumice grit from plinth mixed in with it and it lasted for 6 months...

quote:

Originally posted by Retrosaurus:

How often do you do seals?Are they easier to find in Canada?Do you ever have trouble with that saltwater rash?

Yeah we like to club the little fuckers out on the ice floes and then sell their penises to the Japanese.Its the mainstay of the Newfie economy now all the cod are extinct.

A penguin was driving through Arizona one day when his car started spewing all sorts of smoke into the air. He sputtered into a gas station and asked for help. The mechanic said it'll take him an hour do diagnose the problem, and in the meantime the penguin can walk down the street to ice cream shop and get a cone. The penguin got a vanilla ice cream cone, but since he couldn't use his tongue, he kept poking his beak into it. An hour later he walks back to the mechanic and asks what was wrong with his car.

"It looks like you blew a seal," the mechanic says.

The penguin replies, "No, that's just the ice cream."

quote:

Originally posted by allison:

Dru's oven method worked like a charm. It was about 20 mins at 150, sno seal is all soaked in, with just the dirt standing on the surface.

Now to finish, garnish with basil and just a touch of lemon. Bon Appetit! [chubit]rolleyes.gif" border="0