Smith Rocks

v

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by klar404:
Favorite shot ever at smith : some climbing chika leaning on a clip stick talkin on a cell phone!

Now that I have read this I dont imagine I will go to Smith unless I have to.

Stupid people I am trying to avoid are the ones on the cell phones learning to stick clip. The rock is not that great in most places and the drive is too far. Campgrounds are loud and filled with people I cant stand.

Ever hear of the Quack? I hate the Quack! Quack,Quack,Quack,Quack,Quack, is all I heard last time I was there climbing cracks on the Red Wall in 98. I cant stand that place anymore......... Besides there is always climbing closer by anyway.

Nothing against people wanting to visit though. Have at it. [Moon]

Fun Smith moderates, in no particular order:

Screaming Yellow Zonkers (10b) very good, well bolted

Karate Crack (10a) you can sew it up, and it's a solid handcrack, so why not?

Pioneer Rt., Monkey Face (6 A0) may not seem like an easy route, but really is!

Wherever I May Roam (10a, really 9) generally uninspired climbing, but well bolted, in an interesting position, and an overall relaxing way to gain elevation

Sky Ridge (8 R) unless it's been retrobolted, it is a bit of distance to the first bolt, but once you're there the climbing couldn't be in a better position

Snibble Tower, E. Face (9 A1 R) scary sounding but not nearly that bad; all the loose and (not terribly) runout climbing is on easy terrain. The crux is quite protectable. Getting off is a bit of an adventure, but not bad. The loose rock seems to be working hard to deserve the title!

Five Gallon Buckets (8) obviously!

Nine Gallon Buckets (10a or 10c) first part (or pitch at 10a) isn't that exciting, but the second (10c) bit will keep your interest! There's a wierd sideways move with a bolt at your face, then easy but funky vertical finger-pockets to the top

Stay away from Rope-de-Dope block. Rock is sharp, and usually crowded.

Ignore the posers who've nothing nice to say about Smith! It's a fine place to climb; a worthwhile destination any day. You've got an (obviously) good selection of bolted routes to climb, some awesome cracks, and, although shunned by most, a really fun pick of adventurous climbs.

Jerome

quote:

Originally posted by Jerome:
Ignore the posers who've nothing nice to say about Smith! Jerome

jerome likes to lean on his cheater stick while wearing spandex and talking to his stock broker on a cell phone about Britney Spears rolleyes.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Jerome:
Ignore the posers who've nothing nice to say about Smith! It's a fine place to climb; a worthwhile destination any day. You've got an (obviously) good selection of bolted routes to climb, some awesome cracks, and, although shunned by most, a really fun pick of adventurous climbs.

Jerome

You're right Jerome I am a poser. Let me come over to Vworld and bow down [Moon]

I guess stating my opinion was too much for you. Anyway I did recommend a couple of cool routes...

My thoughts were that it is a long way to drive for not so great rock when there is rock right here in WA to climb. Unless you are Mattp and climbed everything already wink.gif" border="0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Originally posted by Dru: jerome likes to lean on his cheater stick while wearing spandex and talking to his stock broker on a cell phone about Britney Spears

Guess its better than you sitting on your ice tool shocked.gif" border="0 in Lilloeet spraying about all the climbs you've done.

I'd rather be a sporto at Smith.

It may be a long drive for some...If the cmp grounds are full and loud, heven forbid that you should camp out side of a camping area disided by the government... criky man get a hold on your self, negitivity is not an anwser... It is a great place for us Oregon boys to go play around on... Quack

[laf][laf][laf][laf][laf][big Drink][big Drink]

Jake,

I got no beef with people wanting to climb there. Oh yes let me tell you about me getting permits and being told where to camp and actually listening. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Just offering my insight. No likey quacks so I stay away....

You will not likely wait in line for cracks at Smith just like Cappellini said.. But when you can go to Tieton or Frenchmans and climb why go to Smith is my thoughts.

Dru is always sitting on his ice axe spraying about the climbs he did tongue.gif" border="0 Did more than me though!

quote:

Originally posted by rayborbon:
Jake,

I got no beef with people wanting to climb there. Oh yes let me tell you about me getting permits and being told where to camp and actually listening.
rolleyes.gif" border="0

Just offering my insight. No likey quacks so I stay away....

You will not likely wait in line for cracks at Smith just like Cappellini said.. But when you can go to Tieton or Frenchmans and climb why go to Smith is my thoughts.

Dru is always sitting on his ice axe spraying about the climbs he did
tongue.gif" border="0
Did more than me though!

20 days and countin this season grin.gif" border="0 weekend could be good at lillooet but im gonna go visit grandma in the hospital instead frown.gif" border="0

Yo homeskillets! I hope I didn't spill some water on the sugar boys with my comment about stick clipin' cell phone using sporto's! 'Cause I clip bolts shamelessly. And I'm going to smith for the weekend!And I like the place. I just think its funny to use a cell phone while climbing. I'd rather be climbing.Or belaying( yeah right!).

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

jerome likes to lean on his cheater stick while wearing spandex and talking to his stock broker on a cell phone about Britney Spears
rolleyes.gif" border="0

I wish I had a stockbroker! And there's nothing wrong with Ms. Spears. Cute, in an overmarketed way; I'd call her back!

Spandex? That'd be downright scary. I'll do it.

Jerome

Jerome