Fairbanks Pub Club

willstrickland

Last night was the first ever CC.com Fairbanks Pub Club...three members attended: Me, myself, and I.

Much beer and scotch was consumed bigdrink.gif first as we watched the alpenglow on the Alaska Range thumbs_up.giffrom high on the hill of the UAF campus, then retired to the pub to watch in horror as those damn Yankees took a 2-1 lead in the series cry.gif. A rousing time was had by all.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang Will, I got a crew working on the base, but none of them are climbers. I might be up in about a month, we should hook up at Pikes for beers and I might be able to introduce you to a waitress that goes by the name of "kamakize queen". have you scoped any ice yet? I hear daytime temps around 26. thumbs_up.gif

Temps are around 10-20 lows and 25-35 highs depending on where you are in the valley...get pretty regular temp inversions here.

Only ice to scope around here is the stuff floating down the river in front of my place. Closest ice I know of is about a 2 hour drive. I actually took an air boat up the Salcha river last weekend and after dodging ice for 20 miles upriver got to where it was completely bridged and stacked with ice. I scoped some river bluffs the guy who owned the boat told me about, but they won't form.

Always down for drinking pints with fellow climbers, as well as meeting crazy waitresses (particularly if they're hot, single, rich, and waitress in a dive bar for the entertainment value) give me a ring when you're headed this way. BTW, I'm Dept of Army civilian employee, but not on Ft Wainwright, my office is in town.