Roadtripping with car CD player

EWolfe

...fucking sucks!

They go all these books on TAPE , but the CD selection blows.

Why isn't there a device that is cd to tape adaptor? madgo_ron.gif

They can do it the other way - lesser tech to newer tech.

So why isn't there reciprocation confused.gif

Fucking isolationist tech madgo_ron.gifthe_finger.gifthumbs_down.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chucK said:

Don't you have a walkman?

Need one with remote speakers for automotive use (not legal to drive with earphones, I believe). If you've got one, great, but assuming you have to buy something the flea market option might be cheaper than remote speakers for the Walkman. But regardless, if you want to play tapes, there are simple ways of doing it that don't require some whiz-bang techno-gizmo adaptor/converter gadgetty thing. You just need a tape deck, and it doesn't have to be fancy. I hitched a ride on the Icefields Parkway a few years ago with a couple of guys in a VW van. Their "Sound System" consisted of a ghetto blaster duct-taped to the dashboard. Worked just fine.

murraysovereign said:

chucK said:

Don't you have a walkman?

Need one with remote speakers for automotive use (not legal to drive with earphones, I believe). If you've got one, great, but assuming you have to buy something the flea market option might be cheaper than remote speakers for the Walkman. But regardless, if you want to play tapes, there are simple ways of doing it that don't require some whiz-bang techno-gizmo adaptor/converter gadgetty thing. You just need a tape deck, and it doesn't have to be fancy. I hitched a ride on the Icefields Parkway a few years ago with a couple of guys in a VW van. Their "Sound System" consisted of a ghetto blaster duct-taped to the dashboard. Worked just fine.

yellaf.gif Sweet! I have tried the mini-speaker thing, but the van gets enough road noise that it doesn't work so well. Battery expense is an issue with the boombox, and like Murray said, it's illegal to drive with headphones. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

if you have a walkman (or some other tape source with a headphone jack), you can get an FM transmitter for $20-$30... Then you just tune your radio to whatever frequency your transmitter can do (a few of the cheaper ones have four different settings), and listen to whatever device you have the transmitter plugged into

just watch out for catholic stations that take over 3 of the 4 alloted stations madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

I've found that road noise is a big issue for audio books. Some of the narrators have full enough voices, but many just don't cut through the noise unless crank the speakers so lound it gives you a headache after an hour.

Aren't you always on the watch for the lawman anyway when roadtripping? Just take the damn headphones off when you're being approached by Johnny.