tieton climbing guide??

dkemp

I've been to Tieton a coupla times, always with someone else's guidebook and they were photocopies of the original. I'd gladly pay for my own but I guess they are out of print - I called a couple climb shops and no-one has them.

Does anyone know the status of the Tieton guide? Perhaps someone knows how to get in contact with the authors - Christensen I believe?

Thanks in advance,

Doxey

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Matt Christensen guide from ca 1987. It's good only for the Royal Columns area. It's out of print.

Norm Ried and Yale Preston put out "The Quick and Dirty Guide to the Tieton" a few years back. It's a comb-bound affair with not much route description or topos, and the photos turned out quite lousy in the reproduction process, but it's fair tool if you just want to locate the various areas it covers and do your own route exploration from there. Not worth the 10 sheckles they want for it, IMHO.

As erik sez, wait for the Yoder/Ford guide due out soon. I expect I'll start seeing a bunch more of you westsiders over here once that guide comes out. rolleyes.gifboxing_smiley.gifwave.gif

sobo said:

I have the Matt Christensen guide from ca 1987. It's good only for the Royal Columns area. It's out of print.

Norm Ried and Yale Preston put out "The Quick and Dirty Guide to the Tieton" a few years back. It's a comb-bound affair with not much route description or topos, and the photos turned out quite lousy in the reproduction process, but it's fair tool if you just want to locate the various areas it covers and do your own route exploration from there. Not worth the 10 sheckles they want for it, IMHO.

As erik sez, wait for the Yoder/Ford guide due out soon. I expect I'll start seeing a bunch more of you westsiders over here once that guide comes out. rolleyes.gifboxing_smiley.gifwave.gif

Keep an eye on this site: CascadeImages

Click on hyperlink for Tieton.