BECK rawks!

snoboy

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so only because of the context here am I compelled to tell this story. I hate to tell boring show biz stories but this one fits. A few years ago I was working a Beck show for the opening of the EMP and in support of his "Midnight Vultures" record. Ol' Beck was sound checking some song off of the aforementioned disc, the one with the big falsetto bit in it (I think it's called "Debra") and we were all marveling that he was doing that falsetto so good in sound check, especially since the SC was at like ten in the morning since it was this huge fectival show for EMP. Well then a sec later the sound engineer stops him in mid song, par for the course for a sound check, Beck the guy stops singing, and his voice just keeps on falsettoing! We all laughed yelrotflmao.gif because then we new the truth about Beck, he is one of those artists who uses what is euphemistically known in the business as "click track", the live preformance equivalent of bra- or trouser-stuffing.