I got a job.

catbirdseat

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's up to four weeks now? It was 3/week last year. Not that they ever asked me for my list. I lost track after I found a job, did they extend the length of benefits? It was 30 weeks when I was on it, plus I think a 12 week federal extension. I know people that have been unemployed for almost 2 years. Nice fucking economy. madgo_ron.gif

Ratboy said:

It's up to four weeks now? It was 3/week last year. Not that they ever asked me for my list. I lost track after I found a job, did they extend the length of benefits? It was 30 weeks when I was on it, plus I think a 12 week federal extension. I know people that have been unemployed for almost 2 years. Nice fucking economy. madgo_ron.gif

I get the sense that hiring is picking up. If you are job hunting or have stopped looking, now is the time to get serious and make some contacts.

Ratboy said:

catbirdseat said:

I get the sense that hiring is picking up. If you are job hunting or have stopped looking, now is the time to get serious and make some contacts.

I don't know about that: Payrolls Slashed for 7th Straight Month. I was fortunate enough to find a job after getting laid off, unlike many of the people that were laid off with me.

There was an economist last year who was predicting a 1930's style depression for this year. Perhaps it's a reality. We should call it the Bush Depression.