I hate my job!

dryad

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dryad said:

Anybody know anybody who could use a hotshot biotech/drug discovery/high throughput screening/lab automation expert?

Define "hotshot."

And skip on the headhunters. I think I may have even run across a "Frank" at some point (biotech, pharm, biopharm, etc...). They're looking to take a salary cut for lining you up with a WABIO posting... rolleyes.gif

Try Icos, they have a new space they're trying to fill. Given the number of chemists they've hired, it's likely they need greater assay throughput.

My personal approach is to put the person I report to through as much public misery as possible - quiz them at meetings, question their results, interpretations, etc... Then be nice to them in private. It keeps them leery, but non-adversarial. Oh yeah, you're always questioning them for the 'good of the team/project/company.'

-t

TIGHE said:

My job was at least tolerable today. Got $100 cash bonus from the Pres. O' the company. grin.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

I was inspired by the martini spray, I went out and bought some Bombay.

Everythin' chillin' as I spray. cool.gifcool.gif

A friend of mine got a bonus the other day worth more than my annual stipend. That was news I really did not want to hear.