Easy mountain bike trails?

Alpine_Tom

I recently got a mountain bike, mostly so I can ride with my five-year-old, Peter (we have a Burley Piccolo, which is a sort of trailer that allows him to pedal along with me.)

So, now I'm wondering where we'd go for interesting, moderate mountain bike trails. Besides the obvious -- Monte Cristo and the Iron Horse Trail -- I've managed to maintain an almost perfect ignorance of where you can mountain bike.

Any suggestions appreciated, ideally within an hour of Seattle.

(graemlins added by Peter - he thinks the devils has two thumbs up, and it seemed prudent to encourage that.)

rockband.gifbigdrink.gifcheeburga_ron.gifHCL.gifthe_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a great trail out of Gold Bar at Wallace Falls. The whole thing may be a bit much for a 5-year old. But the first couple miles are nice wide trail through the forest, few roots and rocks. You could bring a long a cable lock and hitch your bikes to a tree and walk down to the base of the falls on that trail (no bikes allowed) or continue up to the point where it hgets pretty rocky and he may to walk his bike.

Heaps of trails around Lake Sawyer and Black Diamond. Also Victor Falls has some really fun moderate singletrack. For an easy scenic trip also consider the old Taylor River Road (closed to cars now) to Otter Falls up the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie. wave.gif

Edited by chirp

ehmmic said:

There's a great trail out of Gold Bar at Wallace Falls. The whole thing may be a bit much for a 5-year old. But the first couple miles are nice wide trail through the forest, few roots and rocks. You could bring a long a cable lock and hitch your bikes to a tree and walk down to the base of the falls on that trail (no bikes allowed) or continue up to the point where it hgets pretty rocky and he may to walk his bike.

i run that trail every week... thumbs_up.gif

Thanks to all. I have a copy of "Kissing the trail" coming from the library.

I haven't been on the Wallace Falls trail in ten years, but I do remember it being fairly wide. It does have the advantage of being a "destination;" for a five-year-old, the trip is generally NOT its own reward. And the Exit 38 railroad grade has several attractions (to me, anyhow.)

• 2 weeks later...