TR: DAS TOOF!

JoshK

I'm proud to say (or maybe I should be ashamed?) that I have made my first daring alpine ascent of the formidable tooth. After a hangover induced late wakeup and a few beer shits, we arrived at the TH at 11:45. Many tourons were passed on the approach. I forgot just how busy that snow lake trail is. I think it took about 1 1/2 hours to reach the base of the climb. There were 3 other parties of 2 on the route, and another party of 2 waiting at the base to climb. The 3 groups on the route were mounties, and despite all the badmouthing of them on this board, they were quite friendly. We asked if we could solo by and they had no problem with this. I think it took about 15 minutes tops to reach the summit from the little notch where you start. From there we rapped off and headed back home. I must say, from everything I had heard about das toof, I was pleasently surprised. the rock was very solid and the moves were fun. It made a great solo objective for a half day to get some excercise and get on a little rock. thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

It is good to hear of other competent climber liking to go fast and light in single push style of toothie.

Did you see the fixed anchors we have been installing near PineApple Pass for Portaledge Party? We are now trying to find generator system so that DJ can spin musics and it will be like a Love Parade but alpine. Probably the fullest moon of August will be good for this event, yes?