Older Bosch Bulldog Batterys

chirp

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a couple of spare batteries and another charger for my Bosch in 2001 from Star Rental (509.663.0064) in Wenatchee (they sell/rent industrial equipment). They were $390 (!) for 2 batteries and the charger and as you know you don't get very many holes per battery. I would seriously look into converting to other batteries.

Be sure to put a piece of tape over the battery terminals when you carry them in a pack so they won't short out on a carabiner or something.

Hey all thanks for the input, I think I might attempt Drus advice and put together a gel setup.

Freeman, no kidding, my first battery went kaput within the first month of using it wink.gif it was the spring of 1990 and we were up Icicle, I took some gear out of my pack and walked over to the base of the cliff...I glanced back at my pack to see smoke coming out of it! DOH....ran back over and some draws were on fire, one biner blackened and one $100 battery toasted. One lesson learned.

SANDSTONE SANDSTONE SANDSTONE SANDSTONE SANDSTONE

ABOVE THE GOLF COURSE??

WE WENT UP THERE LIKE 7 OR 8 Y EARS AGO OFF OF BETA FROM JIM....HORRENDOUS BUSHWACK...AND SLETCHY ROUTES FOR US BACK THEN....I WONDER IF MY BINER IS STILL THERE!?!?!?!

Freeman said:

Back when we were doing the rebolting project at XXXXXX we set up a Honda generator and borrowed as many batteries and chargers as we could from a couple of contractor buddies and just kept recycling them. Pretty efficient

RUNNING A GENERATOR IS NOT EFFICENT...OH YOU MEAN THE WHOLE HAVING BATTIERES THERE ALL THE TIME!!!

erik said:

SANDSTONE SANDSTONE SANDSTONE SANDSTONE SANDSTONE

ABOVE THE GOLF COURSE??

WE WENT UP THERE LIKE 7 OR 8 Y EARS AGO OFF OF BETA FROM JIM....HORRENDOUS BUSHWACK...AND SLETCHY ROUTES FOR US BACK THEN....I WONDER IF MY BINER IS STILL THERE!?!?!?!

Cool, I have heard about the golf course but never been, not sure about access now. This place is elsewhere, ummm near a coal mine :P

Edited by chirp

Im hoping to leave the moss in place as I feel bad removing it in non critical areas. I respect the moss for its tenacious qualities, plus its bad karma to harm another sentient being without reason.

Yes! Plants do have feelings!

But I will keep you posted smile.gif

12.jpg

Rope burns up Behunin Canyon

Edited by chirp

Ok, so I tried to portray an aura of essential goodness.

Some scrubbing will be needed, but most of the routes are already pretty darn clean. The rock is super sticky, almost like the gnarly desert limestone outside of Vegas. Heavy wool sweaters are considered aid.