Alpental Parking Fee?

Bronco

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new thingy will probably be needed soon. I hadto hang a SnoPark thingy in my windshield in orderto park at Mt. Hood Meadows. Pretty soon, I will have trouble seeing out the windshield due to all the thingies hanging from it. Speaking of thingies, I saw Jewell on David Letterman last night. I wish she would do something with my thingy. Oh yea!!! CLIMB ICE!!!!!!!!!! [Moon]

-Heinous

I think you need a forest pass to park at the PCT parking lot in season. The forest pass is different from the sno-park pass, so one won't work for the other as far as I know. Another question is enforcement-- I don't believe they are issuing real citations with fines for people without forest passes, but it probably depends on the place.

They do issue real citations for not having a NW forest pass. I received one a couple of years ago (50$ fine I think), and ignored it.

I will say I agree with paying a fee for sno-park passes. At least then you know where your money is going. It's all funneled towards the extra plowing (I think? Someone correct me if I'm wrong). Except the extra grooming sticker is stupid, since you need it to park at a spot where there are groomed trails, even if you don't use the groomed trails. I've gotten a ticket for that too.

But anyway, at Alpental you don't need any kind of pass for the winter months. It's FREE!!During summer I'm pretty sure you need a forest pass to park in Alpental's lot.