Urban Walls

Peter_Puget

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kanasket, WA/Green River

Semi-Urban, 50-100' leads and Top-rope routes, glueup and carved on concrete pillars on the Green River. 5.10 to 5.12.

Access concerns: I havent been here in 7 years but good sources tell me peeps still climb here. You still need to respect BNRR postings, local property owners, and trucks full of rednecks toting guns.

GPS Data:

47,18.916/121,53.316

metal_jpg.jpg

Edited by chirp

UW buildering

Personal recommendation: along Eastlake north of REI, several of the I-5 support columns feature perfect hand cracks. They are of varying height, from a little tiny one directly across from REI (you could pull the roof, too) to an 80'-er or so by the northbound on-ramp from Mercer.

Also, the east entrance to the Bon Marche at Northgate has a great wall for traversing.

Hands to off-hands on the expansion joints of the pedestrian overpass between UW campus and the Hospital. NBD to bone crunching landings.

On a side note, a friend and I got caught by a campus cop while climbing the flaring stem problem to gain the roof of the Humboldt State University theater building one stoned night in 1980. The Ucop let us go after determining we were really rock climbers. It seems he had done the same route some 10 years earlier.

A buddy and I climbed a sequoia a WWU in '83 wacked on mushsmile.gif, and got caught mooing like cows 4 stories up (and laughing our asses off).

We were ticketed for reckless endangerment - he didn't care if we hurt ourselves, his concern was that we might land on someone... rolleyes.gifhahaha.gif