rescue of interest on teton

Mike_Gauthier

was forwarded this today. thought some of you might like the read... see attached pdf, maybe someone can insert the "text" here...

actually, read the SECOND link that bronco put up below, this attachment doesn't work. for some reason, i wasn't able to make this download work?????? i'll send the pdf to someone else if they PM me with an email address... maybe they can make it work...

mike

Edited by Mike_Gauthier

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freeman said:

I can build a simple 3:1 or 9:1, or a compound 6:1 pulley system real easily, but a 5:1?

I can´t seem to open the file and read the report... So no comment on that. However, I thought it might be of interest for you to know that the AMGA teaches the 5:1 raise in their rock courses. I suspect if you saw it once you´d be able to build it just as easily.

Jason

There has been a lot of contravery over this area as it was opened in 2001. Skiers can ride the tram up to the top, traverse through a gate and be out of bounds in no time. A lot of critics were woried that it would cause the number of rescues to skyrocket and put too much stress on the volunteer rescue crew. So far, this is the first gumby case I've heard about in this area, and being from Tahoe, those guys should have known better......