New to PNW and looking for partners

ken4ord

Alright, moved to the area in May been out climbing a bit, but want more. Moved from New England, North Conway was my playground. Let's see where have I been Smith, E32, E38, Tooth, Liberty Ridge, Leavenworth. Where do I want to go, Index peak and walls, Darrington, Liberty Bell area, Squamish. Can lead comfortably 10's trad or sport, grade 5 ice (but I know it's not the season right now), alpine solo up to 7. I prefer really long multi-pitch route, but will happily get on sport routes, scrambles, whatever as long it is climbing. So send me a message if you need a partner.

Any of you looking to climb North Face of Index, that peak looks cool? That 10 on Barring seems cool to especially that 10 pitch traverse up in the overhang section of the wall. Just so you know I like pulling stuff off in a day, none of that slogging a big pack if I can help it. I have done a bit of that in the Tetons, Baxter and the Canadian Rockies. I don't mind cranking out 15 mile of hiking/scrambing and 1000+ feet of climbing in a day especially if I know there is a beer waiting at the car or pub and a comfy place to sleep. bigdrink.gif

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ken - I moved from Boston 4/15, so who knows, maybe we knew each other back east. You have more trad experience than I do (but I am looking to get more) but I can say, it's been really easy to meet up with climbers around here. Back East I climbed in North Conway a few times, but hit Rumney almost every weekend a multipitch wasn't in order. I do miss the Moat and the Tilton Diner for post climbing refreshments!!!

You didn't say where in the PNW you are but I live and work in Seattle, and have been getting to Vertical World at least one day during the week, and Deception Crags (Exit 38, sport) one weeknight and wherever I can get on real rock over the weekend (climbed at Vantage Saturday).

If you want to meet up at VW Thursday I will be there and can introduce you to some of the climbers I've met.

Let me know!

B