Mountain bike ride

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Devils Gulch on sunday. The temps were just fine and dandy. The trail was, well, sinfully good. Unfortuantely, I now need a new helmet after a nice single track 'out of nowhere' stack at ~20mph. thumbs_down.gif

Anyone know anything about the bolted sandstone slab lines along the dirt road above the lower trailhead? Didn't look like they'd be worth much of a drive, but if you're there anyways...

We took a rope once when riding up the road and then down the gulch. The routes are unremarkable and short. Seemed to be 5-7 (?). I'd like to know more too.

I hope you rode the road for the full circuit.and didn't winnie out and do the car shuttle thing.

Actually, we did do the car shuttle thing. I've done the full cicuit before and will do it again next time. I think I got an extra massochism gene and actually really enjoy climbs (actually a point of wonder amongst some of my friends). But, for the group we had going, it was a much better idea to car shuttle. The upshot is that we got two laps in totalling something like 26 miles of kick-ass single track. fruit.gif

5.7, short and unremarkable... doesn't sound so appealing. Maybe some of the steeper stuff higher up the road is better. It looked like there might be some interesting lines, provided that the rock quality is good enough.