Squamish?

Paco

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am up for Squamish as well. I just moved to the PNW last month and have yet to get up there. Check out the Squamish bible a couple of times and know that I will love that area. So if either of you are up for going let me. I can go when ever since lately I have been living the dirtbag lifestyle.

umm ... we just got back from squish on sunday. but i'm sure we'll be going back again in the not too distant future. stay tuned ... that's my favorite place to climb for sure. and if you're into multi-pitch stuff you'll definitely love it. i might be heading for semi-dirtbag status in a few weeks myself.

What is the current camping situation up in Squamish right now? I spent the summer there two years ago when the Logger's Lane Gypsy Camp was there, but since that has been closed down are there any options other than the Chief Campground?

jason_h said:

What is the current camping situation up in Squamish right now?

dude, if you're down for a bivy or just sleep in your car, you can pretty much do that anywhere. i've only paid to camp once and that's because my partner insisted on setting up shop in the campground. the lot across from the apron lot always works, and then there's always the spit down across the railroad tracks. i've also parked in other places closer to civilization when i was by myself for the added feeling of security. as for "real" camping up there, i'm pretty clueless ...