• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

iain said:

Amon Tobin on a high end stereo is a trip. snaf.gif

Dunno 'bout that Amon Tobin bizness, but hear hear for the high end stereo endorsement. People need to do themselves a favor and give things a listen at the local hi-fi boutique. It's amazing to find out what your music is capable of sounding like on carefully selected and matched components.

Ga ga.

Speaking of music and stereos ... it's time to rockband.gif!

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

iain said:

Amon Tobin on a high end stereo is a trip. snaf.gif

Dunno 'bout that Amon Tobin bizness, but hear hear for the high end stereo endorsement. People need to do themselves a favor and give things a listen at the local hi-fi boutique. It's amazing to find out what your music is capable of sounding like on carefully selected and matched components.

Ga ga.

Speaking of music and stereos ... it's time to rockband.gif!

tru dat...i am currently upgrading... grin.gifrockband.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

e-rock....check out debrye i think that is the spelling... detroit hard hitting, kinda IDM, but not really...such sweet hard beats...i saw amon tobin, prefuse and bonobo at teh same venue in teh comodore lst year...stellar show... rockband.gif

Lucky Mother fucker. Prefuse played last night at Chop Suey and I totally spaced it untul around 11:30 when I was going to bed. madgo_ron.gif

i dotn know yet...currently i am running dennon everything with boston speaker set-up...i have sennheiser 570 headphones that i am satisfied with... i was run a new interfact with my com tho...casue i am losing a lto of sound quality from the shitty comp components to my stereo...(even though most are just MP3) .. but really, i jsut got my tax return and some extra money left over that i wanna blast on the degredation of my ears grin.gifrockband.gif

I have an Onkyo tuner (not great but it's lasted years and really puts out a lot of power) with a Kenwood turntable (early 80's vintage direct drive), and early 90's bose speakers that don't split up the sound very well, but they drive hard and don't distort. There's nothing like hearing Tom Waits screaming at concert volume in you living room!

Edited by E-rock

I love the loud screaming stuff like "The earth died screaming" on Bone Machine. But some of the ballads, particularly on Swordfish Trombones are really good too, although that's not the stuff I tend to crank to full volume... I'm not that weird wazzup.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

i dotn know yet...currently i am running dennon everything with boston speaker set-up...i have sennheiser 570 headphones that i am satisfied with... i was run a new interfact with my com tho...casue i am losing a lto of sound quality from the shitty comp components to my stereo...(even though most are just MP3) .. but really, i jsut got my tax return and some extra money left over that i wanna blast on the degredation of my ears grin.gifrockband.gif

DFA's pretty happy with his modestly-priced NAD CD spinner, Marantz integrated amp, Pro-Ject vinyl spinner, and JM Lab speakers.

That NAD shit has got great bang for the buck, it's well worth checking out if you want the quality without having to trade in your car to afford the gear.

thanks i'll take a look...i have some ideas what i am gonna do...but i have been kinda sidelined...anyone have ideas for upgrading the components on my comp? i am interested in getting mabe somthing gold plated the runs into my comp for a line out...and i run line in to for production reasons...so if anyone has any ideas for that i would be much obliged... bigdrink.gif

You may already know this, but Stereophile Magazine has got reviews up the arse on their (somewhat slow) website. Check the Accessories reviews for computer-related stuff, and don't get too bogged down in the esoteric audio snob verbiage. Stereo Times might have comp-related reviews, too, they seem to do a lot of reviews of accessory-type things.

wave.gif